Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Aquarion


So, I started watching this when it popped up On Demand. Mainly because I needed something to watch while I ate my lunch, and I usually watched the Escaflowne episode releases right away in the morning, because they were amazing. At first glance, this seems like the most cliche anime you will ever see. In the first episode we observe: In this order; Post Apocalyptic world,Wild Boy Character who hates authority and denies social standards, Japanesse interpretation of christianity, giant robots, wild boy character has special hidden powers, giant robots, pop music, the day is saved.

Truly, at first look from the first couple of episodes, it was the most un-unique or interesting anime I have ever seen. But I still kept watching it, and it eventually blossomed into it's own little gem as some of the story was revealed it even became good.

The whole idea of Aquarion, is that there are these three large ancient ( i think) jets, and the three of them can merge together to become a giant robot to fight the Shadow Angels (Yeah, thats unique)... But they usually fight the Shadow Angels mechanical peons called Cheribum soldiers, which are also large robots that have varying abilities so different pilots of Aquarion are needed. It eventually goes on to combine christianity and buddhism, with a little Shinto to murder all of their religions in concept. Which usually happens whenever the japanese apply a religion to an anime.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds... original!

    I think I'm gonna pass on this one :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it really wasn't. But it still becomes incredibly interesting, at least to me. I was only watching after the first episode because I needed something to watch, but it actually becomes intriguing. I've definitely seen better though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hey, the art looks pretty good on this anime. I might just check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a hard time searching for this post, Looking forward for your upcoming writings. Great blog, have you seen this anime's merchandise, its pretty amazing! I just bought mine at PIJ, it is so cool! http://bit.ly/Aquarion

    ReplyDelete